Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Food and Celebrations

So for Cinco de Mayo I made tamales and they were delicious and took forever. My sweet husband was nice enough to be on Darcey duty while I put them together. I've made them before, just never with a baby around. Fortunately, it went ok and they turned out great.



Darcey in her bright yellow dress


The next Karate Kid


There's guacamole under the chips and beans under the cheese. Yum. 


And then on Monday I was trying to get the cheerios off of the top shelf and accidenally knocked down a glass bottle full of Glogg which shattered and splattered everywhere. It got to where Darcey was sitting too, but by some miracle she only got a tiny scratch on her nose, and no glass stuck in her. Praise the Lord. It was terrifying. I ended up calling my visiting teacher to come play with Darcey while I cleaned it up. It was a huge mess and tool forever. There's still spots of juice on top of the fridge and some on the walls. I just keep finding more. Also, they just cleaned the carpets like a week ago. I cleaned it up before it stained, but the carpet feels funny to step on where the juice went. Gross.


It look worse than it is here. Once it stopped bleeding, and I cleaned it up, you could hardly see anything.


And today is Dan's 29th birthday. The old fart. Geez. I was very excited about his presents. I got him a replica of the key from The Hobbit (it's made from the same mold as the one used for the movie) and as you can see a book of letters from J.R.R. Tolkien. He loved both. I don't know what I would do if Dan ever got tired of Tolkien. Fortunately, I don't think that will ever happen. 


Also today Darcey had real mashed banana instead of the pureed stuff. She seemed to like it. She also seemed to like dropping in on the floor.




Then we went to Red Robin for lunch and ate way too much


It was also Darcey's first time sitting in the high chair instead of staying in her carseat



It's an hour past my nap time. Take me home!



Then for dinner I made ribs. Yum.



We gave Darcey a little bit of the inside meat without too much spice and no sauce on it and she loved it.






Also cherry pie which Dan has had for every birthday since he can remember. I don't really like cherries, but he also requested rice crispy treats and vanilla ice cream, so don't worry, I'll stay chubby. 




5 comments:

  1. You're such a good chef. I loooove the video of Darcey eating ribs, so flippin cute. Also, the pie is adorable with the little hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,the picture of Darcey with the basket on her head is my favorite. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. A) You're not chubby.
    B) What the heck is Glogg?
    C) I also love the basket-head picture.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulled_wine
      It was the non-alcoholic kind of course.

      Delete
  4. How sad, her first ouchie, :( and on her face too, so close to her eyeball!
    You and her have the same eyes :)
    Great B-day picture of D&D too.
    Sounds like a real feast month at the Howard home. With Memorial Day around the corner May will be a great recipe sharing opportunity.

    ReplyDelete