Monday, May 20, 2013

Food, Books, and a Baby

For Mother's Day we went to see the Mummy Exhibit up in Salt Lake City. They didn't allow anyone to take pictures, so sorry. It was really cool, and at times sad. There quite a few infant/child mummies along with the adults. Darcey did a lot better with the (half) day trip than I thought she would. We drove up during a nap time and she slept in the car. We made sure to get there about 45 ish minutes before our time slot at the museum to give us enough time to give The Darce a bottle. We ate at a restaurant across the street from the museum called Cannella's. I got one of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten. It was called the Beef and Brie and it was divine. The sad part was we had to rush eat to make it to the exhibit on time. My plan is to try and recreate it for my birthday dinner next month.

The only picture we took that day


The next day on actual Mother's Day was my first Sunday in my calling as a primary worker. It was a mad house. I ended up subing for the 4 year old class because a bunch of teachers didn't show up. Let's just say they were restless and not super great listeners.
After church I tried to take a nap, but couldn't, so I just played a Zelda game while Dan and Darcey napped. For dinner I made French toast with strawberries and boysenberry syrup, bacon, breakfast potatoes, and fried eggs. I ate WAY too much, as per usual.

Dan fed Darcey for me in the morning while I was getting ready





Um... let's see.
Oh, I made up this breakfast type pizza for dinner the other night. Instead of sauce on the crust under the toppings I brushed a tiny bit of melted butter, then it had mozzarella cheese, fresh spinach, five eggs (one in the middle and four in a circle around that, then bacon. After it was done cooking I drizzled hollandaise sauce on top of it. You should all be very jealous.



I also started and finished a book called The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. It was really, really good. I hate trying to give summaries of books to people, and this one was definitely too complicated for me to try anyways, but I highly recommend it.
I'm now in the process of reading The History of Love by Nicole Krauss.
Also, on the 18th Gail Carson Levine was at the Provo Library's children's book fair, so I took Darcey over and we watched a puppet show, got a free kids book, and I got my copy of The Two Princesses of Bamarre signed.



Darcey is so very close to crawling. She still ends up pushing herself backwards instead of forwards, but she's still pretty good at getting around the floor.

Left over pictures that I love:

Dan reading Darcey her bedtime story 

Ready for the warm weather


I know this one is blurry, but I just love it anyways


1 comment:

  1. Dan's hair is getting sooooo long!

    You put hollandaise sauce on a pizza?! We are definitely sisters.

    I can't decide if you just use all my nicknames for Darcey or if her name just calls for them to be used and so they just kind of came with her.

    You made your own Mothers' Day dinner?!

    You sure have a cute baby.

    ReplyDelete