Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May

Does anyone else have strange feelings when a new month starts? Hooray it's May! Is it really already May? Where is the time going? Why is it taking so long? Why is it going so fast? I love May.
That was basically my thought process this morning.

Anyways, on April 29 Darcey started making mama/mom sounds. That was a weird feeling too. It was really sweet, but it also made my brain twitch a little. Also that day she made this face a lot. It was a long day.


But then she goes and does cute stuff like this, and the video at the end (both from today) and it's all good.



Dan is done with classes until Summer term starts in the middle of June. But he's still gone all day painting the town and earning the big bucks. He works for the BYU paint shop. Right now they're working on getting the dorms ready for the wave of women that is Women's Conference. Apparently his boss said that they mainly do it for the mothers. Because if it looked like their kid had lived in it, they wouldn't want to live in it. Or something like that.

Nothing has really changed in what I do. I walk to the library with Darcey at least twice a week just to have somewhere to go that's free. And because the library is the best place ever. I usually only get to read one book, if I'm lucky, out of the pile I pick out.

Fun things we're looking forward to:
Dan's birthday is on the 8th. We'll be having ribs and cherry pie. I got him a really cool present and I think he's going to like it a lot, but in case he reads this I won't say what it is.
Also for Mother's Day there is this mummy exhibit up in Salt Lake City that I've really wanted to go to for awhile, so we're going to do that on the 11.
Gail Carson Levine is going to be at the Provo Library on the 17-18th and there's going to be a little festival thing for kids. Good thing I have a kid now, so I'm not super weird going to that. Even though my kid is still too little to really enjoy it.



3 comments:

  1. I love Darcey playing peek a boo. So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cara. The Peek-a-Boo thing is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super jealous about Gail Carson Levine. Not only is she one of my favorite children's authors, she is one of my favorite authors. Period.

    ReplyDelete